Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_9_] G. Morgan[_9_] is offline

Default surveillance

Home Guy wrote:

Actually, there does not appear to be any licenses in the US
specifically for CCTV installation work.

I just said there *was* in Texas.

Are you going to believe me, a licence holder, or some article you
found?

Do not give legal advice if you are not 100% sure. I am 100% sure that
a license is required in Texas, and its issued by the Texas Department
of Public Safety.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/doc...cCodeClean.pdf
OCC §1702.002. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Alarm system" means:

(A) snip
(B) snip

or..

(C) a television camera or still camera system that:

(i) records or archives images of property or individuals in a
public or private area of a residence or business;

or..
(ii) is monitored by security personnel or services.

Installation is really the easy part.

Uh, how many years have you been installing?

Knowing what's out there, and
supplying it to people at a price they can afford will be the hard part.

Residential video surveillance and recording is a tricky business to
establish if you ask me. The industry is really geared to selling
end-users a "system in a box" that they can install themselves. And
it's a very small market, and very price sensitive and if it's too
complicated to use then people will not like it or use it. And it
doesn't take much to make it too complicated.

You obviously don't have a clue about the CCTV business or the technical
aspects involved. To even mention a "system in a box" other than to
tell someone to steer clear from buying one, and thinking it could get
"complicated" tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

Please don't advise folks on legal or CCTV matters, you don't know
enough about either topic. People expect quality and accurate advice
from the old pros' here, not speculation and opinion.

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)