Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Will Rick Perry be next Republican Bozo president?

Home Guy wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Will Perry become the next idiot republican prez, following in
Bush's klownish footsteps?

We can only hope.
I miss Bush. Sniff.

Why does Texas have a habbit of electing numbskulls for governor?

Story: Some years ago, a black minister named Lee Otis Johnson was caught
selling a single Marijuana cigarette to an undercover narc. At trial, the DA
insisted that the jury return a sentence of five years probation as a notice
to the community that power or position was no defense.

The jury was out for 20 minutes and came up with a sentence of 15 years hard
time. No probation.

Two days later, our then-governor, Preston Smith, was to give a talk at the
University of Houston. As he approached the lecturn, about 50 black youth in
the audience jumped to their feet and began loudly chanting "Free Lee Otis,
Free Lee Otis,..." (say this to yourself rapidly, over and over - 'why' will
shortly become clear)

The governor, to his credit, simply walked off the stage.

On his way to his vehicle, the governor was surrounded by reporters who
insisted on knowing his reaction to the melee.

Governor Smith shook his head and said: "I have no idea why those coloreds
were yelling about beans (frijoles)".

If you think the "coloreds" were upset about Reverend Johnson, when they
heard the governor's remarks they started stabbing each other.

As for "numbskulls," I have another story:

On a second date with a lovely woman a few years back, she had me sit on the
sofa in her apartment while she skinned another muskrat or whatever women do
when they say "I'll be ready in just a minute." Suddenly there's a blast
from the bedroom: "That goddamn George Bush should learn some history!" (She
was evidently monitoring the nightly news on her bedroom TV).

"Uh, he has a degree from Yale," I volunteered. "In history."

"That's a goddamn lie," came the somewhat louder reasoned response.

[tap-tappity-tap on her computer]

"Ah, here it is," I pointed out. "He also has an MBA from Harvard."

By this time, she's looking over my shoulder, her little fists clenched into
white-knuckled balls. "The ****in' Republicans have taken over the
internet!' she hissed.

At this point, I concocted a complicated, but believable, excuse for
leaving. I think it was "I have to go."