Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Reflecting cold

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article m,
"dennis@home" wrote:

dennis@home wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 09/11/2011 10:07, dennis@home wrote:

*shrug* Its a theory. But really, what isn't?

(serious deep question)

The idea that the mass of an object changes depending on how much
energy
it has isn't according to you.

So something gets heavier (or perhaps lighter) depending how hot it
is is a new one on me. Were can I find the details of this certain
fact?

Ask TNP.
He was the one arguing with me when I said the theory of relativity
didn't actually say that.

That's because, in fact, it does.

I say its a theory, not fact.

Now don't be silly, dennis.

Now don't be silly tim, I said its a theory.

It *is* a theory because any number of experiments have been done to
verify it. If you think it's only a hypothesis, you'll need to refute all
the experiments that have confirmed it over the last 100 years.

I said its a theory, where did I say it isn't?

I also say that the theory has been revised in the past and will be in
the future.

That's perfectly possible.

To a scientist that means its not fact.
Scientists don't have tiny closed minds like you, they accept that if the
evidence shows a theory to be wrong, you change it.

Correct.

I know, and I was correct about the bits you corrected too.