Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default OT Wells Fargo sucks again.

"Tegger" wrote in message
Metspitzer wrote in
:

I had message on my answering machine.............This is Wells Fargo
calling about some suspicious activity on your card. Please call us
at 800-446-0664.

In my area that's suspicious right off the bat.

The privacy laws in my area say that financial institutions are forbidden
from disclosing ANY details AT ALL about why they're calling when they
leave a message. All they can say is something like, "Hi, this is Joe So-
and-so at Whatchamacallit Bank, branch XXXX in MyCity, MyState. Please
call
me at your earliest convenience at 555-5555." That's it.

One time I found a girl's ID by the side of the road. The amount of stuff
scattered in one area led to me to believe that these were the contents of
her purse, minus cash and credit cards, of course. This girl banked at the
institution my wife works for, but in a different town. My wife called her
at the phone number on record at the bank, but was unable to say /why/ she
was calling in the messages she was forced to leave on the answering
machine. My wife called several times over the next couple of weeks,
hoping
to be answered by a person instead of the answering machine, but that
never
happened. The girl never phoned back, probably thinking my wife was making
some kind of sales calls. I think the bank eventually destroyed the pieces
of ID.

And you didn't immediately take the ID and all other items to the Police
because? You had no business keeping the items and your wife should not have
called as a rep of the bank. You should have turned in the items let the
Police handle it. Yeesh.