Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice for 12x16 concrete porch slab and stain

On Nov 9, 5:26*pm, paulaner wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 12:54:29 -0800, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:33:50 -0500, paulaner wrote:

Lastly, we want to stain the concrete. *We can have it pre-stained and
poured for one solid color, or a broadcast die added after the pour.
The other option (which SWMBO prefers) is the acid stain 28 days later
- from the internet pics these look to be the nicest floors. *Any
experience here? *I hard fiberglass may show up when doing the acid
stain, so we shold leave that out.

Who will add the die to the concrete and will this be a single mix?
Brought to you in a concrete truck. *Mixing small batches with die is
difficult. *One solid pour of the pad, die mixed and delivered is the
best choice. You can have it stamped in various patterns.

Youtube has some videos of DIY staining using hand sprayers.

If I go with "Integral Color" I assume it comes in the truck that way
as a single mix - I will ask. *Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

When they did mine the guys added bags of coloring to the
mixer on the concrete truck when it got here.

The solvent based sealer I used and highly recommend is
Kure-n-Seal.