Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Cast-iron gutters

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:55:58 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Unfortunately two builders I have consulted have given different
opinions. One (a roofing expert) says that it is not possible to attach
a downpipe to the gutters, because these are cast iron. The other expert
says he can do it.

I think it could be cut - but I don't know if an off-the-shelf adapter
exists to sit between the gutter and downpipe, so you (or someone) might
have to make something.

What's the deal with the incline, though - aren't the existing gutters
inclined so that water runs to the back of the building?

cheers

Jules