Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Ignoramus19683 Ignoramus19683 is offline

Default Building drainage issues

On 2011-11-10, hr(bob) wrote:
On Nov 9, 8:10?pm, Ignoramus19683 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
19683.invalid wrote:
My building's area has seen particularly heavy rains last 2 days, and
some water ingressed the building drom the side (not through the
roof).

The reason is that water level outside was too high.

There is a storm sewer in the back yard of the building.

Am I correct in thinking that the proper way to address this is to
hire someone to dig a drainage ditch along the property, draining into
that storm sewer, or into sumps inside the building (to be pumped into
the same storm sewer).

If so, what kind of companies should I look up in Yellow pages, what
is that kind of business called?

Thanks

DId the storm sewer overflow, is it lower than the back yard, a little
more information clearly stated would allow a much better answer.

Your municipality may have rules on what you can do to change
drainage. Where we live, you cannot increase the total amount of
runoff from your property, nor can you increase the rate of the
runoff, even if the total amount of water is unchanged. This is to
protact those downstream, down from where the sewer lines resurface
from flooding.

This is a commercial building on a slab.

The storm sewer did not seem to overflow, but the water was kind of
high in it.

I will check with my municipality, they seem to be super nice to me so
far.