Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Punch holes with a flypress?

On 2011-11-08, Jordan wrote:
On 11/8/2011 3:53 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

With 1/8" thick steel, I
suspect that one ton might get you to 1/8" holes, but not much bigger.

Mine are manual, with only one ball weight on the handles.
Sounds like they are not up to the job I want to do, too small by far.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know how flypresses are rated, but it
will certainly be slower than a motorized flywheel pun press.

And the flywheel press "one ton" is the rating -- not the weight
of the machine. I can lift the 1 ton one myself -- and walk a short
distance with it -- but lifting it higher is a bit of a problem. :-) It
is probably somewhere around 75 lbs weight, at a guess. So you might
have a lot more capacity than you think.

Oh well, might be good for cracking macadamia nuts.

It would certainly do that -- likely to powder in one stroke. :-)

Good luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564