Mike M

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

Get the WWII you'll appreciate it. I had been using a 70's craftsman
until a couple of weeks ago when a great deal on a unisaw came my way.
I couldn't afford it but I bought it anyway. It has a WWII blade on
it and I swear my sanding has been cut in half. As a bonus it has a
large Laguna sliding table and many other add ons but so far that
blade has really impressed me as I had been using a systimatic blade.

Mike

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:08:44 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Hopefully the FINAL WORD in this thread I started...

I puttered and piddled and diddle and dicked, and I got it even closer than
it was when I posted earlier. I've subsequently changed blades and checked
against the new blade with the same result. It's only a couple of gnat's
asses either side of 0 on the dial indicator, and if I hold my mouth right,
sometimes no gnat asses at all.

I won't even ask how anal I should be about getting the fence lined up next.
I'll keep at it until I get it right.

Then we'll see about a WWII.