Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Flat roof repair options

On Nov 9, 7:08*am, "Ron" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Ron wrote:

But, there is a secondary issue that I would like to address and fix
if I can at the same time. *The secondary issues is that over the
years part of the roof has sagged just enough to cause a large puddle
to form across the whole roof starting at the back edge and going
about 6 to 8 feet toward the front of the property. *The puddle is
about 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep along a line that is about 3 or 4 feet
from the back edge of the roof. *In other words, along the back
section of the roof, it actually pitches slightly in the wrong direct
causing the water to run back onto the roof rather than off of the
back edge of the roof and into the gutter.

So, do I have this right? You want to eliminate the puddle?

Yes, that is correct.

Why?

Since we will be doing the repair on the drip edge issue anyway, I thought
there may be an opportunity here to eliminate the puddle at the same time..
Eliminating the puddle would cause the water to run off rather than just sit
up there in a big puddle until it dries out. *Not having water just sitting
there seems like it would make sense to me in terms of preventing future
leaks.

I grew up in a row house with a flat roof in NYC. Lived there for
25years.

I recall that we, and just about every other house on the block, had
puddles on our roofs after a rain ever since I was able to climb the
ladder in my closet and get out onto the roof to hang out.

I don't recall it ever being a problem.