Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_4_] Rick Hughes[_4_] is offline

Default OT ... PC upgrade

Microsoft simply provided what business (and eventually the public)
wanted ... cheap, powerful, easy to use m/c .... with cheap s/w and
like it or not Microsoft brought that.
At the time of AppleIIe you had Spekturm, BBC, Dragon, Acorn, Commodore
64, Atari ..... they all died ...

It took business software to make things happen. ( MS Word, Excel)

Mmmm. Available for the Mac some 5 years before there was a Windows
version. I was using Word 4 on the Mac in the mid 80s or so, well before

The issue was the company I was with (Major International) kept getting hit
with MSoffice on MAC being 18 months behind PC - but no doubt what killed
Macs in business were for any given performance level, they were twice the
price of a PC.

The company had to take a huge Capex cost to swap every Mac out ... but they
did, and everyone that time was so glad, as the PC's were much faster that
the Mac PowerPC they replaced.

I was a Mac fan so liked the prodcut ... and was a user up until system 7.5