Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default OT Paying by credit card over the phone

On Nov 9, 9:34*am, Tegger wrote:
gpsman wrote

You can look up the part and price here, but the dealer parts guy
might give you the wholesale discount if they like you.
http://www.fordparts.com/

I've found that dealerships generally won't give a consumer ANYthing off
retail unless he buys a lot of parts from them.

How'd you find that out?

A consumer who buys a lot of parts may get 10% off, but I think would be
very unlikely to ever get more than that. Greater discounts are reserved
for the trade, which may get 15%-25% off, depending on their volume and
relationship with the dealer.

I can only speak for my own experience.

I couldn't say exactly what percentage of discount I have enjoyed on
my measly 5 purchases (total ~$1000) from 2 (Ford) dealerships, but I
remember being really happy every time.
-----

- gpsman