Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT Paying by credit card over the phone

On 11/9/2011 8:34 AM, Tegger wrote:

I've found that dealerships generally won't give a consumer ANYthing off
retail unless he buys a lot of parts from them.

A consumer who buys a lot of parts may get 10% off, but I think would be
very unlikely to ever get more than that. Greater discounts are reserved
for the trade, which may get 15%-25% off, depending on their volume and
relationship with the dealer.

Well, one just walking in off the street, I'd not expect anything different.

OTOH, if one has established relationship w/ a dealership, one may have
a totally different experience.

We've dealt w/ a particular dealership here since trucks began to
replace wagons for farm use and anything needed is on account. Discount
from list varies some but is generally 20% although occasionally
negotiate a little on really major items (like the front transfer case
gearset last year ). Shop rates are fixed, though, unfortunately,
but they're entitled to make a living, too...