Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default FIT slashed

On 09/11/2011 11:09, Mark wrote:

I wonder how many KW £30,000 buys?
about 300,000

Is that W or KW?
Kwh
Over what period? (I want to know the power output)

Your original question related to a school spending £30,000. I don't
know the answer for sure but if £15,000 was the benchmark for a 4Kw
array then I think it reasonable to assume the school got a 10 [edited] Kw
array for their money.

School = Local Authority = Procurement system with "approved
contractors" therefore make no sensible assumptions about control of
costs and common sense!

This is not an LA school.

Unfortunately 'approved contractors' are the only route to the higher
FITS. PV panels, like some other home projects, would make good DIY
schemes and would be viable at much lower rewards.

--
Roger Chapman