todd

Default OT - Social Security

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Al Reid" wrote in message

There are 40 of 100 US Senators who are Millionaires.

There's 535 members of congress ...26% are millionaires. While that is
certainly a disproportionate percentage compared to the general

population,
it is not "most", as has been stated as fact.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/28/04

OK, Swingman, let's start back here. Since you're so fond of asking for
references for statistics, what is your source for the above? Keep in mind
that the 40 senators being millionaires is a minimum number. Because of the
way the numbers are reported, the actual net worth could be understated
considerably. Take Hillary Clinton, for example. Guess what, she didn't
make the list of the 40 senators who are millionaires. Her net worth is
estimated to be between $352,000 and $3.8 million. Take a guess which
number is used as the basis of determining whether or not she's a
millionaire. I'll be damned if I can find a link to the raw data on all the
senators, but keep the following in mind. 1) The net worth is based on data
provided by the congress folks themselves and 2) The number used as the
basis could be low by a factor of at least 10.

todd