Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default RG59 or RG6?

On 11/8/2011 9:11 AM, Ron wrote:
On Nov 7, 7:41 pm, wrote:
Hello-
I am getting ready to have cable internet installed for the first
time in my house. Due to the odd location at which I would like the
cable to emerge, I would like to route the cable myself before the
installer gets here..
Should I use RG59 or RG6? Any other issues I should be aware of?
Thanks for your help.
Frank
P.S. I'm guessing RG6 would be the "safest" option? The run to the
outside box should be less than 100 ft.

The installer can't install the cable in the "odd location"?

Those guys do it every day and most of them are very good at what they
do. I had a cable run for my internet connection through a part of my
attic where I didn't even think it was possible because the area is so
tight.

If you PAY for an install, you can get them to do it right. The 'free'
install is usually worth less than what you paid for it, in my
experience. Outside wires, wall-through outlets, coax over the gutter,
etc. I'd do it myself, or pay a couple hundred for a pro to do it properly.

--
aem sends...