Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Good HD experience

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in news:j9cc5d$k90$1
@dont-email.me:

On 11/08/11 05:38 pm, Stormin Mormon wrote:

My small town Pro, I think it is. Hardware. Nice people, and
know what they are doing. The products are often 20 to 30%
higher price than the big box store, but for me it's well
worth it.

I went to my local hardware store/lumber yard a couple of times for
old-style moldings that Lowe's and HD did not have -- nothing fancy but
a now-non-standard size. Very good and not expensive. But I want there
again looking for a tool I could not find at Lowe's or HD or Menard's
and noticed a Stanley "WonderBar" priced at $11.xx. It was $8.xx at
Lowe's, and the one I had at home still had the Menard's $5.99 price
sticker on it -- bought not more than a year or two previously and
almost certainly when it was on sale for even less than the sticker
price. And all were made in China.

Perce

Maybe it's 11.xx because people go to Lowe's or HD or Menard's first when
they need a tool.