Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Good HD experience

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

wrote:
bob haller writes:

Home Depot in pittsburgh has rolled out the latest in security.

monitors with cameras every 20 to 30 feet, showing me on a monitor
as i walk down the aisles, flashing a red message on the camera you
are being recorded, with a annoying beep from the monitor and a
small strobe light flashing every 30 seconds or so....

You think will all those cameras and monitors, they could install a
couple of "help needed" buttons?

My HD has "Help Needed" buttons. Not long ago, in the tool section, I
poked one. A red light flashed. A beeper went off. Everything by a
steam calliope playing the Star Spangled Banner! In a nonce a
orange-bedecked employee appeared! You won't believe what happened
next.

He turned off the beeper and walked away!

That's exactly what he did; he turned off the beeper and walked away.

This is fact from Borg employees:

Each button is assigned to a dept. The avg daily response time is tracked
daily. It's reported up the chain outside of the store. They are told to
respond to any help button in any dept even if they have no clue of
anything in that department.

I follwed him to the key-making desk and asked what that was all
about. His response: "We are under strict orders to respond to calls
for assistance right away."

"I don't think you're grasping the bigger picture here," I replied.

They grasp it just fine.

Employee pushback: Periodically hit the button in your dept then
immediately hit the acknowledgement button. Keeps the avg down.

Remember, these are employees that are **** on from every angle from pay
to hours to benefits to duties.