Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default "GREAT STUFF" (and now... toothpaste tubes)

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

My favorite tooth paste technique probably hasn't been
practiced since the Crusades of 194 BC. I lay the tube on
the counter next to the bathroom sink, and roll it out flat.
I use the handle of a pair of scissors, to rub the tube from
closed end toward the opening. Usually provides a bit more
tooth paste. And screams for mercy, which I ignore.

....and the next day you cut the tube open with the scissors and scrape
the insides with the toothbrush. Then you're done...providing you've
already sucked out the screwtop opening. THAT"S stikkin' it to da man.

That was a while ago, I've since converted to using baking
soda for my tooth scrub. With excellent results.

7/22/09

For years, I'd had chalky white teeth along the gums. My
dentist kept talking about phosphoric acid, and soda pop and
candies. I tried using larger ammounts of fluoride tooth
paste. And, I tried the expensive high fluoride Prevident
prescription tooth paste. Finally, it occured to me that
baking soda neutralizes phosphoric acid.

I switched to baking soda. Just wet my brush and stick it in
the box, a tiny dab on the end of the brush is enough. And
then I rinse twice (get enough sodium in my diet already).
About three months after the switch, I went in for my
dental cleaning. She really raved at how good my teeth
looked. "You must be using your Sonicaire tooth brush?". No,
just the old fashioned one. In my tooth paste days, it would
take essentially the whole 45 minutes of the appointment for
scraping tartar, and black stuff off my teeth. This time,
nearly no scraping. Toward the end of the visit, I revealed
that I was using baking soda, not the high fluorided
Prevident. She and the dentist both tried to get me to go
back to using fluoride. If even once a day instead of twice.
Nothing doing.