Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT politics and crossposts

On 11/6/2011 2:20 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 11/5/2011 10:01 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 11/5/2011 4:21 AM, David R. Birch wrote:

Which makes them distinguishable from left wing people in what way? I
don't spend time with left or right wing koolaid drinkers as they tend
be immure to reasoned argument.

People on the far end of either end of the spectrum both have a lot of
stupid and crazy ideas. The difference between them is that the ones on
the right are a lot more aggressive and want to use force to make
everyone do things their way. The ones on the left are a lot more
passive and want people to agree with them because they think they are
right.

Yes, they passively try to restrict my civil rights by supporting gun
control. Both Dems and Reps use force to make everyone do things their
way, its called the force of law. They pass laws that support their
agendas.

Uh, yeah, that's how government works. So where's the point? Regardless
of which party in whatever country you talk about the ones in power use
force to make people obey the laws. That's how it is all over. So what?

What's your favorite koolaid flavor? Or do you just drink what they give
without question?

I don't drink Koolaid. Never have.

Its a metaphor for people like you who don't question their party's agenda.

My answer was a metaphor too. You didn't get it though, and I don't
belong to a political party. I'm not much on joining any groups.

I'm anti authority. Always have been.

I'm not anti authority, I'm anti authoritarian. In supporting the Dems,
you support authoritarianism.

I'm anti authority whether it's from an individual or from a government
so that makes me anti authoritarian too. But when you support the
republicans you support tyranny.

So I never just go along with anyone's program.

Unless, it seems, its a Dem program.

I go along with good policy. I don't care whose it is. I just went
through eight years of having republican policy forced down my throat.
None of it was worth ****. To the contrary, some of Obama's policies are
good. Those I go along with the rest I don't. Like I don't go along with
his policy on Afghanistan. But you kiss right wing ass. I don't.

Hawke