Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ted frater ted frater is offline

Default Punch holes with a flypress?

Jordan wrote:
On 11/8/2011 3:53 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

With 1/8" thick steel, I
suspect that one ton might get you to 1/8" holes, but not much bigger.

Mine are manual, with only one ball weight on the handles.
Sounds like they are not up to the job I want to do, too small by far.
Oh well, might be good for cracking macadamia nuts.
Thanks Don.

I think your 300lb one is up to the job. any chance of a picture? that
will tell a great deal.
Dont give up yet.
You will need to make some "T" bolts with the T part fitting the t slot
properly.approx 2in long will be ideal.This will get over the wear you
mentioned. the wear was due to a lazy tool setter using any old bolt.
I forgot to mention that if youve several hundred holes to punch youll
need to make a x y register to locate the metal your punching.
Kep us informed how you get on.
Ted