Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Reflecting cold

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:16:56 -0800 (PST)
1970alr wrote:

On Nov 8, 9:47Â*am, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:35:24 +0000
Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

On 08/11/2011 01:38, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
url:http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/pro...=14046&loc=P&c...

Reflecting cold? That's an interesting concept.

Reminds me. Under the lounge window we have a radiator about 8
feet long with a solid 9 inch block wall behind it. Could do with
some reflective insulating stuff behind it.

I need some as well, but I can't find any that is thin enough to
slip back there. It's either too thick and won't fit, or comes in a
roll from the kitchen dept. of Morrisons. Maybe I need to start
glueing foil to cardboard.
--
Davey.

Even this stuff?
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cons.../sd2738/p26805
It's only about 3 or 4 mm thick. If your radiator is that close to
the wall it needs mounting further way to allow airflow up the back.

Andrew

Thanks, that looks good. They don't actually say how thick it is, just
the l x w dimensions, but 3 or 4 mm would be fine.
Having lived in the US until recently, I don't know the places to look
for stuff over here yet, so guidance is appreciated.
--
Davey.