Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Reflecting cold

On 08/11/2011 09:47, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:35:24 +0000
Hugh - Was wrote:

On 08/11/2011 01:38, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
url:http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/pro...=P&catid=110.0

Reflecting cold? That's an interesting concept.

Reminds me. Under the lounge window we have a radiator about 8 feet
long with a solid 9 inch block wall behind it. Could do with some
reflective insulating stuff behind it.

I need some as well, but I can't find any that is thin enough to slip
back there. It's either too thick and won't fit, or comes in a roll from
the kitchen dept. of Morrisons. Maybe I need to start glueing foil to
cardboard.

You want the version that comes in squares about 60cm on a side and 2mm
thick. There is a roll version about 1mm thick that is not as good, It
is surprisingly effective used on outside walls behind radiators.

It should be in season now next to rockwool and other insulation in
B&Q/Wickes. Obvious keywords should get it.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown