Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default kitchen cabinet - 1 attachment

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 06 Nov 2011 14:06:23 GMT, Han wrote:

We have some cabinets with solid maple doors as well, but our kitchen
is very small (8x 13 1/2 feet) and has 3 doors (main entry door,
dining room door opening only, and basement entry door, opening out)
plus a chimney intruding 22", and 20" wide. Having the upper cabinets
with solid doors would make it seem even smaller. The picture shows
the dark blue tile backsplash which visually makes the kitchen bigger.
My wife and I at times do a nice dance around each other while we
prepare food together. We have fairly frequent dinner parties for our
family, with up to 16 people, and everyone seems to enjoy that!!
People are encouraged to help themselves to things they want during
the parties.

There is nothing in the upper cabinets that I would feel ashamed of
showing. I don't understand your concern. Are you ever coming near
NYC, specifically the Paramus-Paterson area of NJ, near the
intersection of Rts 17 & 4 (where there is an IKEA - not open on
Sundays because of the Bergen county blue laws)?

A couple of our cabinets are loaded with spice containers, assorted
packages, etc. They can be kind of messy looking. I don't see that
they would add to the ambiance of the kitchen.

Well, I guess that's a personal preference. I know our cabinets are
disorganized enough that I often have to open them to find what I'm
looking for.

Your kitchen size is about the same as my last house. It was small,
but very efficient and easy to work in. We had two doors, both at the
same end. We had 21' of counter top in a "U" shape.

Not wide enough for that much counter space ...

I do, on occasion get down to that area, usually on my way to Philly.

Let me know if you want to visit, and I'll tell you where exactly we are
(~15 min off the parkway).

--
Best regards
Han