Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Good HD experience

clipped

I was impressed with that. At Lowes, I wouldn't have been able to
even find a manager. I'm a HD fan now.

Lowes and HD may not be perfect, but they are way better than the "mom
and pop" rip-off store that they thankfully put out of business.

There are two mom-and-pop hw stores, both Ace, that I will always shop
at when I can. Given, I'm not investing thousands in a major project,
but they will find whatever I am looking for and I don't have to search
out a clerk...the local Ace has folks at the door the moment I enter.
It takes away the fun, a little bit, because I pride myself in knowing
what I want and how to find it ) The local Ace has been around for 40
or 50 years. Of course, the HD in Florida had clerks who got to know us
because we shopped there so much and that was pretty cool. I'm not into
brand loyalty, but for Barnes and Noble, which will never get another
dime from me )