Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Reflecting cold

In message
,
harry writes
On Nov 8, 1:38*am, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:
url:http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/pro...=14046&loc=P&c...

Reflecting cold? That's an interesting concept.

On the other hand, being sat next to a cold surface is uncomfortable.

Apparently.

My wife has what must politely be called a *substantial* nose. Seated in
front of our lounge TV, I often find her face shrouded in a scarf.

We have large window openings to either side and the loss of radiated
heat causes her some discomfort.

Somebody once tried to explain *black body* radiation to me. AFAIR
everything absorbs incident radiation at infra red wavelengths and then
re-radiates it. The walls bounce back all they receive but the windows
do not absorb much and consequently feel cold.

One of our physicists may explain it better:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb