Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default RG59 or RG6?

Tegger wrote:
frank1492 wrote in
:

Hello-
I am getting ready to have cable internet installed for the first
time in my house. Due to the odd location at which I would like the
cable to emerge, I would like to route the cable myself before the
installer gets here..
Should I use RG59 or RG6? Any other issues I should be aware of?
Thanks for your help.
Frank
P.S. I'm guessing RG6 would be the "safest" option? The run to the
outside box should be less than 100 ft.

What are the government regulations in your area? Does the cableco
own the wire up to the wall-jack? Is it even legal for you to run
your own cable? I'd check on those things if I were you.

And, if there are such regulations as obtaining a permit, inspections, and
having the work done by a licensed hippie with a pencil-thin mustache, then
plan on moving to a more benign jurisdiction.

If a city or county regulates how TV cable is run, pretty soon they'll be
prohibiting broccoli in the garbage disposal.