Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Good HD experience

wrote:
bob haller writes:

Home Depot in pittsburgh has rolled out the latest in security.

monitors with cameras every 20 to 30 feet, showing me on a monitor as
i walk down the aisles, flashing a red message on the camera you are
being recorded, with a annoying beep from the monitor and a small
strobe light flashing every 30 seconds or so....

You think will all those cameras and monitors, they could install a
couple of "help needed" buttons?

My HD has "Help Needed" buttons. Not long ago, in the tool section, I poked
one. A red light flashed. A beeper went off. Everything by a steam calliope
playing the Star Spangled Banner! In a nonce a orange-bedecked employee
appeared! You won't believe what happened next.

He turned off the beeper and walked away!

That's exactly what he did; he turned off the beeper and walked away.

I follwed him to the key-making desk and asked what that was all about. His
response: "We are under strict orders to respond to calls for assistance
right away."

"I don't think you're grasping the bigger picture here," I replied.