Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal content - SB lathe

"Bill" wrote in message
On Nov 6, 7:49 pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Bill fired this volley in news:a89b6e7b-dfe0-4a44-bd4f-
:

With an open-end wrench.

Lloyd

-Actualy, Lloyd, it is an allen screw that is placed in the front side
-of the foot. I guess what I should have asked is how it actually
-works. Thanks for the reply.
-Bill

Is there a matching screw in the back side and the ends of a lengthwise
pivot pin visible a little higher up? On the SB Heavy 10 the ways can be
released to self-align straight and then locked in position by the two
opposing screws, which secure a tongue protruding below the pivot. Mine is
only 'level' to the extent that a shim stock leaf on the front vee brings
the bubble near enough to center to touch the same lines on both ends of the
bed.

jsw