Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default ALDI FYI

The work light looks identical to one I bought from Lidl some time ago. If
so it's very useful as a car emergency light for changing a wheel or
inspecting things and runs a long time without charging. But as a work
light? No. It's too directional. A similar fluorescent type is better for
that.

CPC were recently advertising something called an LED Floodlight using
28 LEDS.

PRO ELEC - HT010128 - FLOODLIGHT 28 LED - £5.97 ex vat
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...?SKU=LA0398570

Externally it looks like a mini-halogen floodlight and it offered me
such promise that it might have a light scattering reflector inside to
splay out the light, or used some fantastically sorted LED technology as
they use in torches.

Er, no. These are standard white panel LEDS. Get me a candle....

Maybe I should have looked closely at the photo. ;-(

--
Adrian C