Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tiling instead of baseboard in the bathroom

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:09:04 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

My wall is just plain sheetrock. For the first room I did, I used Liquid
Nails with tape to hold the tile in place 'til the glue sets. I used mastic
on the second room. I don't think the tile cares much...

I used mastic from the start. I took a long view, that the tile could
be removed easily in the future. Each tile was not fully back
buttered. Just a "dollop" -- enough to hold them on the sheetrock.

Then grouted.

I have bullnose outside corners at 22 degree. Only two small pieces
have failed on a corner. After years. Clean 'em up and stick them back
on the wall.