Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default The Price of Plutocracy

On Nov 6, 9:16 am, Han wrote:

I agree with all that, but came to the conclusion the war wasn't
justifiable, mainly because Iraq was a totally secular state where
religious fanaticism was totally absent, except perhaps for religious
purposes. Moreover, there was a total absence of a possible Iraqi
government post-Saddam because the Iraqi exiles were in total disarray
and never have gotten together at all, even now. Then the absence of an
agreement with Turkey to be able to attack from north and south made the
dismissal of Saddam last 3 times longer than it should have. Last but
one reason for the war to have been a bad move was the fact that there
was no plan to guard the munitions left behind by the Iraqi army.
Lastly, it was insane nonsense to totally disband and make jobless the
large military and police apparatus of Saddam. That generated a large
number of capable, armed jobless discontents who (thank whoever) are
mostly fighting each other, but also the Allies and the somewhat
"legitimate" current Iraqi ruling elite.

Our withdrawal now is opening up (I am afraid) another civil war in Iraq,
that is being fought along tribal and religious schisms, the worst of all
possible.

If you believe that you need an addition, it's lunacy to start without
adequate plans and hire the first contractor that shows up at the
door.