Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default OT Getting rid of a cat

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:17:58 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:35 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Metspitzer" wrote in message

I have a cat that is a stray. I have been feeding it for a couple of
months. I would like to give it away, but have found no takers.
Georgia will be experiencing freezing temperatures soon and I do not
keep animals in the house. Anyone want one? I am in West Georgia.
The local animal pound says they keep it for a week and then
euthanize them.
http://imgur.com/Ml4F6

I found a no-kill shelter about 45 min away, but it says on the site
that they can't, by law, accept strays.

http://www.jenniferspetrescue.com/

Sell it on craigslist, $1 with the forty pounds of food thrown in.
Plus a short explanation. I bet you'll find a taker.

It craigslist takes animals for sale, that is.

Steve

***DON'T DO THAT! SOME (**&^^%$&* WILL BUY THE CAT FOR THE FOOD THAT
THEY RESELL AND KILL OR ABANDON THE CAT.

Possibly. Pre-qualify the prospective new owners as best you can. Here are
some questions:

* House, apartment, what? (Homeowner OK, renter no)
* How long have you lived there?
* Children? How many? Ages? (Toddlers ( 4) is a no)
* Ever had a cat before? What happened to it?
* Why do you want a cat?
* Any other pets? Do they get along with each other?
* Do you plan to get the cat de-clawed (a "yes" answer is a no sale)
* Do you plan to get the cat neutered or spayed? (Yes is good)
* An indoor cat will live upwards of twenty years. Can you handle a
long-term commitment?

I have been asking everyone I meet for two months if they want a cat.
My only requirement is.......do you want a cat? So far no one has met
my expectations.