Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default What are reasonable expectations for cabinet craftsmanship?

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 20:08:29 -0700 (PDT), Sam Takoy
wrote:

Hi,

We are getting custom made cabinets at about $1200/linear foot.
Plywood cabinets with stained oak faces. Mission style with inset
doors.

1. The first picture shows the gap between two cabinet doors that
close towards each other:

http://freeboundaries.com/Gap1.jpg

I think that the gap is too big. Or should I expect a 1/4" gap?

2. The second picture shows the gap between the box and the face. It's
on the left of the pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/Gap2.jpg

There are some strange nail-looking things in that gap as if it was
intentional. But I'm not sure what its purpose might be.

Thank you in advance for all the input!

Sam

I wouldn't accept that quality for even storage cabinets in my
basement.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA