Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What causes this?

Gunner Asch on Sat, 05 Nov 2011 11:30:56 -0700
On 5 Nov 2011 04:11:44 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
On 2011-11-04, wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 03:20:34 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[ ... ]

Got eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and
a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be
used as evidence against us?

You lost me there. Something to do with Mchael Jackson perhaps?

It is a popular culture reference. :-)

You never heard the full 18 minute 34 second run of Alice's
Restaurant -- a cant-fable (talking and singing mixed) by Arlo Guthrie
back in the 1960s I believe.

This will tell you about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice's_Restaurant

and here are the full lyrics, if you prefer to read it instead of to
listen to it:

http://arlo.net/resources/lyrics/alices.shtml

The first mention of the quoted text is about in the tenth
paragraph/verse, depending on how you count.

Enjoy,
DoN.

"you can get anything you want...at Alllliccces Restaurant....."

He redid the album, with a longer version of "The Massacree". In
which he observed, that Nixon was notorious for an 18 minute gap in
the tapes. "'Now Arlo', I said to myself, 'Can you think of anything
else which is exactly 18 minutes and 34 seconds long .."

Crom but those were the fun daze....

"Excepting Alice!"

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the