Posted to alt.home.repair
Fake ID Fake ID is offline

Default Detroit Suburb Literally Rips-Out 1,000 Streetlights, DarkensTown

In article ,
Burned By Big 3 wrote:
Awww, poor Detroit!

Fresh out of school in 1976, I bought my first new "Big 3" car made in
Detroit. What a ****ing piece of ****! Seriously!

I should have immediately known it would be a lemon because it wouldn't
start when I went to take delivery from the dealer. Apparently the
assembly line worker was drunk or on drugs and failed to tighten the
bolts. At about 40,000 miles, the auto transmission failed leaving me
with an out of warranty repair bill of $1500. At 45,000 miles, the
engine seals were leaking about a quart of oil a week. Tired of
expensive repairs, I cut my losses and sold it.

In 1980, I tried a different Detroit brand. While this car started out
better, just out of warranty at 38,000 miles the engine developed
compression problems. Faced with more expensive repair bills I dumped
this car as well. As I recall, this car was difficult to keep centered
on the road. The dealer checked steering and alignment but was never
able to fix it. Apparently this car was the result of some more of
Detroit's finest crackheads.

Totally frustrated by Detroit cars, my wife and I bought our first Honda
Accord in 1984. What a difference!!! We drove the Accord for 10 years
and never did anything but change the oil, filters, and other minor
scheduled maintenance. Amazing! 150,000 totally trouble free miles.

Since 1984, my wife and I have purchased 4 new Honda Accords and 4 new
Toyota Tacomas. None of our Toyotas or Hondas have ever required
expensive surprise repairs, just routine scheduled maintenance.

So before you shed any tears, why couldn't those stupid ****ing idiots
in Detroit engineer and build a reliable car?

They reliably unexpectedly failed. Maybe reliable ain't the right word.
They consistently unexpectedly failed.

You can take some solace in that the pensions which destroyed 2 of the 3
were being paid to those very same crackheads who earned the reputation
for ****. Kharma.