Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT politics and crossposts

On 11/5/2011 4:21 AM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 11/4/2011 5:44 PM, Hawke wrote:

I saw what you wrote. What I said wasn't meant to apply to you
personally, but to right wing goofballs. Sorry if I gave the impression
that was intended for you. When I used the word "you" I was meaning it
was them I was speaking to. It was kind of confusing the way I wrote it.

But the point was still a simple one. Right wing people don't like to
hear opposing viewpoints. It makes them mad when people don't agree with
their way of thinking. They want uniformity and they don't like it when
someone tells them their way of doing things is wrong. Which is why they
all isolate themselves and don't associate with anyone not of their own
political persuasion.

Which makes them distinguishable from left wing people in what way? I
don't spend time with left or right wing koolaid drinkers as they tend
be immure to reasoned argument.

People on the far end of either end of the spectrum both have a lot of
stupid and crazy ideas. The difference between them is that the ones on
the right are a lot more aggressive and want to use force to make
everyone do things their way. The ones on the left are a lot more
passive and want people to agree with them because they think they are
right.

What's your favorite koolaid flavor? Or do you just drink what they give
without question?

I don't drink Koolaid. Never have. I'm anti authority. Always have been.
So I never just go along with anyone's program.

Hawke