Bob Eager

Default Creda Europa double grill question

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:25:15 UTC, (seatzie) wrote:

In a week where everything seems to break down in the house, one half
of the heating element (right term?) for the grill has stopped
working. Its a built in double oven/double grill appliance, and we
always use the double grill instead of single for fast cooked food
(and sometimes burnt burgers!). Is there an easy way to replace/fix
this or do I need an expert? All advice appreciated (and the simpler
the better!)

We have one of these, and one half of the grill packed up a few months
ago.

The cheapest I could find a new element assembly was about 80 quid; I
bit the bullet and bought it. Easy enough to fit...

However, I guess if the element wire has failed at the end, the old
trick of taking a coil out and attaching to the terminal would work.
It had been done in the old element but the previous house owner, and
it's lasted us years.

One other point...the two parts are removable. So, if you keep the old
assesmbly you have at least got a spare element next time...
--
"Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that
there must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable,