Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno[_2_] Uno[_2_] is offline

Default painting at low temps

On 11/04/2011 02:10 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Having recently done some repairs of a window sill with DuraGlass
(Bondo-like substance with fiberglass strands added - much stronger
than Bondo) I can tell you what the can says:

Thanks all for responses. Where does one buy Duraglass?

They want both the product *and* the surface that it will be applied
to to be 70 - 80 degrees for optimal bonding and strength.

The product temp of 70 - 80 I was able to maintain, but the surface
temp of the sill was probably about 50.

The cured product laughed in the face of 100 grit sandpaper, so it
appears to have cured just fine. As long as it stays bonded to the
sill until spring, I'll be quite happy since that's when I'm having it
wrapped with aluminum.

DD, what temperature band are you in?
--
Uno