Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift weight scale/pressure gauge?

On 2011-11-04, Brian Lawson wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:58:38 -0500, Ignoramus8802
wrote:

Thanks guys.Those things seem to be expensive.

I am thinking about something simple, such as installing a pressure
gauge on the hydraulic line that lifts the main ram, mounting it where
it is convenient to see. I would then attach a little card with a
table of how pressures match weights, next to the gauge.

If I want to be fancy, I can install an electronic gauge.

That should work pretty easily, no?

Or get the empirical data/info, then use a CAD program to make/print a
new card to suit and glue it in the guage. I've done that for small
diamter steam gauges.

The proper hydraulic gauges tend to have a viscous liquid
(usually glycerine) in the gauge, which might make adding a new card
more difficult.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564