Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating one room

In ,
The Natural wrote:
Still has to arrange a LOT of extra wiring somewhere and maybe Motorised
valves.

Indeed. If you split the rest of the house up into one zone at the boiler,
you'd need to run new pipework to the room in question. Only alternative
to that I can think of would be some form of radio linked TRVs on every
rad, centrally controlled. But even something like this exists, it
wouldn't be cheap to either buy or install.

If there is an option to get the wiring around (12V will do), a resistor
added to the head of each TRV can easily close off the unwanted
radiators. Then a wireless (mobile) stat would work fine.

Not what I'd do, but it is a cheapish option.

Ours actually does have wired timer/stats and motorised valves per room.
All run through relays and 12V so that the stats could be wired in alarm
cable up the edges of doorframes, so as to avoid redecorating the whole
house. The boiler does sometimes short cycle, but I can live with that -
it's all been running that way for over eight years now and the boiler
boiler is 10 years old.

SteveW