Posted to rec.woodworking
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Sharpening stones

On Oct 31, 11:35*am, jtpr wrote:
I want to get a sharpening stone to bring the edge back on my carbide tipped turning tools. *But I would like to be able to use it for other sharpening tasks as well, like chisels and planes and knives. *I don't want to go broke here.

Anyway it seems I probably need 2, a course and a fine. *I was hoping to find somebody who made a dual sided block, but I guess not. *Who would you all recommend that is the best bang for the buck?

-Jim

For about 15 bucks you can buy a set of EZ Lap brand diamond
sharpeners in a pouch like a pocket protector called an L-PAK, plastic
handles diamond surface of about 5/8 x 1.5 ". 3 pieces 1200,600,400
grit .