Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default OT ... PC upgrade

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 04/11/2011 07:48, dennis@home wrote:

"Clive George" wrote in message

The OS is GPL, and that's what we're talking about.

Oh, I thought we were talking about making money from free software (and
linux, john).

We are. The OS is free software, and RH make a healthy amount of money for
it, and it's not about the non-GPL bits they put on.

The applications aren't.

You really don't understand what's going on here do you...

Well one of us doesn't.

I know. It's a bit strange when somebody who was presumably fairly
intelligent in a past life insists on being really insanely stupid in the
manner in which you do.

Its just a difference of opinion, I don't think they are making money by
selling free software, however you claim to be buying free software from
them.
I think its odd that you are prepared to pay for free software, even when
you can download it for free.
You get nothing for the payment as you say it doesn't include any support.
I find it hard to understand just what you are buying.
Maybe its the pretty box?