Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Fishing network cables?

Tony Hwang wrote:

Also, as others have pointed out, wired connections are more
reliable. The wireless are for mobile devices. All fixed devices
use wired connections.

I think it's more appropriate to say that all fixed devices would be
better off using a wired connection.

Hmmm,
Really? Do you know how many schools and campus, hotel, commercial
building, warehouse are WiFi connected?

Hmmm.
Do you know how many times I've been at a hotel and have had a bitch of
a time getting a decent wifi signal?

Wifi is a cheap, quick and dirty way to get an internet connection, but
frequently it's not implimented properly to insure that it's a good
connection.

Even my dentist office is all WiFi. In Europe or places like Korea,
Japan, China, it is even more so.

Just because it's "all over the place" doesn't make it better or more
reliable than a hard-wired connection.

For a lot of devices, a wifi connection is your only option.

They are ahead of us.

Wait until Greece finally collapses. Then we'll see if Europe is ahead
of us.