Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Price of Plutocracy

On Nov 4, 7:08*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 2, 12:39 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Robert Green wrote:

In almost any country, when the haves end up with so much more than
the have nots that the latter have no stake in society to speak of,
rioting and social unrest occurs and wealth is destroyed. In many
cases like Russia and France the aristocrats not only lose their
wealth, they lose their lives.

The poor do not riot or agitate for change. It is ALWAYS those that
have much and want more that are the moving agents behind revolution..

As per the AHR newsgroup charter, I nominate that one sentence Idiotic
Comment of the Month award. *Do I hear a second?

We've seen poor people riot before in the US and the rest of the
world and we'll see it again, I am sure.

Old wive's tale. It's never happened. In the history of the world.
The poor are fixated on today and their next pitiful meal. They have
no conception nor are they driven by a unicorn-plentiful, gossamery,
future.

Okay, this complicates things.
There are two comments in one post from the same person up for the
award this month - and it's only the 2nd! *A historic day indeed.
The AHR charter does not have provisions for retiring the Idiotic
Comment of the Month Award, but I think it's clear there is a present
need.

Bob, HeyRube, is getting bothered and simply spewing. *It's his
forte...or maybe too many 40s. *In any event, he's spewing and there's
no point in arguing his nonsense. *He only learned the latter half of
that "blind them with bull****" saying. *Once in a great while he
makes a valid point, but attempting to counter his continuous
calculated delusions and disinformation campaign is futile.

It has its amusing moments, though. Whatever his shortcomings, HeyBub
doesn't provoke anywhere near as readily as some of his brothers in harm.
Sometimes it gets a little tiring, as in having to explain that like
interest rate decrease, tax cuts can only raise total revenue to a certain
point. *When you cross that like, no tax cut can stimulate demand that isn't
there or coerce a manufacturer to step up production when his warehouses are
already filled.

Tax cuts can stimulate the economy under certain circumstance, but not all
of them. *As Kurt and I have often sparred, was it really tax cuts that
heated up the economy or the creation of an entirely new sector of the
economy, personal computing, that caused the explosive growth that started
in the 80's? * My bet's on the explosive growth of a new economic sector
that created demand for American computing HW, SW and consulting across the
world.

If you were really interested as opposed to daydreaming and
speculating,
you'd simply look at the facts. Within two years of the Reagan tax
cuts
jobs were being created at the rate of 300,000 per month. In those
first
couple of years, there was even a month with 1mil+ jobs created. GDP
growth was strong. The IBM PC had only been introduced a year
earlier
and the PC business was a negligible part of the overall economy.
It was not even a major source of revenue for companies like Intel at
the
time.

"According to Arendt, then, Eichmann had done evil not because he had a
sadistic will to do so, nor because he had been deeply infected by the
bacillus of anti-Semitism, but because he failed to think through what he
was doing (his thoughtlessness)."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...hy/arendt.html

However, that's someone else's viewpoint. *I never gave much thought to a
thoughtless Eichmann but I can't bring myself to agree his main problem was
a lack of introspection.

Nice. A lack of introspection. So, you're a holocaust apologist
too.