Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default holey cow

I don't have a RotoZip rotary tool, just mentioning the TC1 carbide cutter
as a cutting tool.
It's 1/8" dia and can be used with almost any drill or other rotary tool,
flex shaft etc.

You're absotively correct, steel does dictate slower tool speeds.. and in
most cases cutting lubricant is of great benefit for tool life.

--
WB

"Winston" wrote in message
Wild_Bill wrote:

I have a RotoZip TC1 tile cutter* (1/8" diameter kept in my Dremel case)
that would suffice as the cutting tool, suitable for numerous materials,
as it's carbide and prickly sharp cutting teeth.. making it practical
for sideways cutting in any direction.

I've never used one of those but don't they run at
a really high RPM with almost no torque?

Steel needs much slower RPM and plenty of torque.
(IMHO)

--Winston