Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fishing network cables?

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 07:14:43 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote in
:

Tegger wrote:

Wired is still /way/ faster than wireless.

Hi,
That is the theory.

No, it's fact. I have file-synchronization software that use to sync
between desktop and laptop every time I get to the office or return home
from being on the road. It shows me the throughput visually. I routinely
get 3-times the speed out of wired connections versus wireless ones. And
this a fairly new laptop with Win7.

Cable B/W is faster like 1GB/s but in real life
wireless speed is suffice.

It may be "suffice" (I'm sure you meant "sufficient"), but it's still
1/3 the speed of wired.

Well it just has to be the speed of television. IIRC tv waves are at
the speed of light, and that will be hard to duplicate!!!

JK