Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Well problems

On Nov 3, 11:07*am, noname87 wrote:
I do have a septic system,

I have never run out of water.

Sharing a well would probably not be an option. I doubt my nieghbors
would go for it. They are good people but I am sure a share well would
have an impact on the house value.

The drillers I talked to basically said to expect to have multiple new
cracks in the driveway. In their defense, I can't see how they can
avoid it. What I find distrubing is that they seem to have the idea
that their job stops at drillinfg the hole. Any mess including the
material from the well and the runoff seems to be my problem.
Considering that they plan in drilling a 10" hole to bedrock (50-70')
and then another 200 feet at 6", there could be mess. It appears that
they are use to new construction where the builder handles the clean
up.

When I postd I forgot about the possible ground water contamination.
That I a real concern. Have the well tested both before and after it
the discoloration shows up.

As to shared well. Approach with caution. I was on one and wound up
the unpaid maintenance man, arguments about who paid for what, etc. I
finally drilled my own to get off it. Still have water rights
(deeded) to it though and the interconnection is still in place.

Again. The burst of air is not a concern unless you run out of water
while drawing it.

Harry K