Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Benny Fishhole[_2_] Benny Fishhole[_2_] is offline

Default OT politics and crossposts

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 21:14:55 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Nov 2, 9:56*pm, Benny Fishhole wrote:
On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:38:57 -0700, Hawke

wrote:
On 10/31/2011 7:14 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:19:53 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
*wrote:

"PrecisionmachinisT" *wrote in message

"Ed *wrote in message

"PrecisionmachinisT" *wrote in message
news:L66dnVmLcfD8fjPTnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@scnresea rch.com...

*wrote in message
* Starting yesterday , anyone initiating *OR* *RESPONDING* to a
crossposted political post will be joining the current inhabitants of my
killfile . Some of you have posted good info and handy tips in the past ,
but this crap has gotten out of hand .
* I don't come here to read about queers and racism , I'm here for the
metalworking content . You will be missed *(some of you not much ...) but
that's the way it goes .

* Thank you and have a nice day .

The Zombie nutjobs all came out of hiding when Obama got elected.

There's a more direct connection, too. Gunner started cross-posting to
misc.survivalism and occasionally to a gun group; Cliff picked it up and
made it much worse, extending it to additional NGs; Hammy (under about a
dozen pseudonyms) decided to make life miserable for RCM because Cliff had
picked up misc.survivalism from Gunner and Hammy is a prick; and now RCM
is in every nutjobs' cross-posting list because we've become part of their
larger cross-posting, mutual-provocation network.

I tried like hell to stop Cliff from doing it, in public and in private.
Now he's gone, and it's running on its own inertia. Hammy keeps it fired
up by posting dozens of right-wing news stories every week. He won't stop,
and he doesn't appear to have a better nature to appeal to.

Well, I actually have an pretty active killfile myself, but it's mostly
limited to the very worst offenders and to those who NEVER seem to post
anything that's on-topic...which basically leaves me with only a handful

--many of whom probably rightly belong in a mental institution...and who
will probably be relegated to my killfile soon enough..

And though it's wrong, still it's oftentimes difficult to resist doing a bit
of teasing when one is visiting the primate exibit....

They invite it. They love to provoke, and some of them have refined it into
an art.

Set up a kill file that delete all posts to more then 2 groups. Agent
has the capability and it gets rid of the more obnoxious posts.

Personally, I don't see any need for a killfile. After a while you get
to know who's an idiot and you just pass over anything from them. Having
a filter take out people I think have goofy ideas seems to go against
the grain of having all kinds. There's always plenty of people with
nutty ideas and that act like idiots. At this point I'm used to them. If
they are too offensive I just ignore them. I can't think of anything
easier than that.

Hawke

*PLINK!*- Hide quoted text -

LOL...very funny to see that Benny FishAhole feels the need to PLINK
you when he is a pathetic spammer looking for attention like an
ignored ho.

TMT

*PLINK!*