Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Dishwasher no longer leaves film on flatware

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 21:35:35 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:

I'm red/green "color blind."
But I have no problem telling red from green.
Lots of definitions of "color blind."

If you are a true red/green color-blind (protanopia) then reds and
greens appear as shades of yellow.

A given shade of red with the same intensity as a selected shade of
green would be visually indisinguisable.

Shades of red and green that have different intensities would be
visually distinguisable - but you couldn't tell me which one is the
green one (or the red one).

Look at this image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gay_flag.svg

There are 7 color bars in that image.

Do the bars that are second from the top and four from the top look
similar (or even identical) to you?

Nope. All distinctly different.
I've been told I'm red/green color blind more than once.
Not something I'm likely to forget since it was what got me into the
boiler room.
Navy barred me from anything with electricity and aviation.
One of my low points
This is the test I flunked in the Navy and elsewhere.
http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

Only number I see is the 25.
But I passed another test - Coast Guard license I think - where I was
asked to pick different colored pieces of yarn from a box.
No problem quickly picking red and green.
But the tester noticed I went after shades that he would have passed
by for more obvious ones.
He asked if I ever failed a test and I said yes.
He didn't care. I passed HIS test.
Like I said, different definitions.

--Vic